Thursday, July 14, 2005

I depend on Him alone..

read between the lines..

As I was listening to my playlist of songs last week, I got into this horrible boredom I have never felt before and guess what? I tuned in to the radio stations. Never knew they have christian radio stations on windows media player.. and this song came up. It was from Brian Littrell of Backstreet Boys.. he has such a soft heart that I could sense his passion for God when he sung this song.. and he has already signed up with a record company and will be releasing his first solo christian album this fall.. for more information, do research. :P

In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself in battles won
For I’ve been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone I’ll overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand

Chorus:
In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope

Is Christ alone

In Christ alone do I glory
For only by His grace I am redeemed
For only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need
And now I seek no greater honor in just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses to the glory of my Lord


*"And to count my gains but losses to the glory of my Lord"
this line really captivates me.. and gives me a new perspective of life..