Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Saving grace.

As I was doing my quiet time, I reflected on what Sidney Mohede read during his recent worship concert in CHC. One of the passages that strucked me hard only today was this and so I made an effort to read and understand.

Psalm 1 (NKJV)

1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

It is comforting to know that God knows me inside out. I was reminded of all the goodness he has done for me over the years. I take some time to read everything I've written and I think I have grown as a person. I shouldn't be bothered about what people might perceive of me but what matters the most is what my Pa think about me. It is quite contradicting to read passages like this in bad times but He rewards those who persevered. I wish life could be easier.

He is good.

Pa, your love shall not go in vain. =)